Coronavirus Information and Precautions
This situation is evolving rapidly as new information becomes available. We will update this page as quickly as possible if our policies and procedures change due to updates from CDC, CMS, CDPH and local health departments.
We are currently creating plans to thoughtfully and carefully begin the process of getting to a post COVID-19 “normal”.
This process is anything but easy. While some states may be reopening businesses, schools, and recreational opportunities based upon geography, community spread, and trends; retirement communities like ours must have a different reopening schedule because our older adult residents are considered the most vulnerable to COVID-19 and we are concerned about their health and well-being.
Throughout this process we will continue to follow and maintain compliance with all CDC guidelines as well as mandates for all state and local health departments while balancing resident social engagement with quality of life. The health of our residents and staff will remain our top priority.
- Meals – We continue to deliver meals to the resident apartments. A menu is available weekly for the residents to order from.
- Activities – Small group activities with the residents continue, and we ask the residents to wear a mask and maintain social distancing. The Activity schedule is provided weekly and announced in the residents Daily Newsletter.
- Visitors – We are encouraging residents to have outside visits with family members. Everyone must wear a mask and maintain social distancing. We have seating areas for our visitors at each entrance and in our dog park. We welcome parades around the community by family members to celebrate birthdays and other important milestones!
- FaceTime visits are always available – please call Activities at (314) 565-9755 if you would like a FaceTime visit with your loved one.
- Tours – Virtual tours are available. Please call (314) 838-3877 to get more information and on our community and to arrange a virtual tour.
The health and well-being of our residents, family members, and staff is of the utmost importance to us. For this reason, we are closely monitoring coronavirus (COVID-19) spread and following the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). In addition to our prevention measures, we are also actively preparing our communities to provide care and support for our residents and team members for an extended period of time should a quarantine become necessary.
Many standard infection control and safety protocols are already in place as a part of our standard flu prevention plan. However, because of the risks associated with COVID-19, we are proceeding with an abundance of caution to protect our communities.
See below for links to CDC resource pages: